Imagine you’re traveling abroad for work and your money and passport are stolen. You don’t speak the language, and you forgot to bring copies of your travel documents. What would you do? Who would you call?
If you have the International SOS (ISOS) mobile assistance app, the answers are in the palm of your hand. It gives you one-click access to ISOS travel experts who can help you with everything from medical emergencies to lost or stolen travel documents. That’s what happened to an ISOS member who was robbed in Moscow the day before she was to fly back home to London. Immediately after she called ISOS, travel experts:
- Contacted her employer for a copy of her passport (from her employee files) and permission to wire her money.
- Arranged translation services so she could file a police report.
- Scheduled an appointment at the British embassy where she obtained a replacement passport.
- Rebooked her flight home.
What could have taken weeks and numerous, frustrating phone calls only took a few days and a tap on the ISOS app. Her story shows the value of an ISOS membership and why you should download the app to your company phone before you travel.
Get the ISOS App
Need another reason to download the app? When you download and activate the app, ISOS will make a donation to a malaria charity. You’ll be prepared whenever you travel for work and help protect the 3.2 billion people who live in areas at risk of malaria transmission. Watch this video to learn more.
The free app is available on iTunes, GooglePlay and Microsoft. Use Rockwell Automation’s group number (1CMA1003) to log in.
What the ISOS App Offers
ISOS helps with both emergency and non-emergency situations when you travel out of the country on company business. It’s like traveling with the best travel guides and your very own medical and security team. The app provides:
- Country information, including required travel documents, current health and security risks, recommended vaccinations, cultural tips, weather, etc.
- Travel advice and alerts
- Help with lost passports or medication
- Assistance with security questions and concerns
- Legal assistance
- Translations and interpreters
- Referrals to local health services
- Proof of health coverage
- Medical transportation or evacuation if your health or safety is at risk